The Institute's preferred route to open access is self-archiving in the institutional repository People (see ISPC Open Access Policy).
The ISPC Open Portal collects and makes visible the scientific production of the Institute. ISPC was constituted in October 2019, by merging four Institutes of the Department of Human and Social Sciences, Cultural Heritage (DSU): the Institute for Technologies Applied to Cultural Heritage (ITABC), the Institute for the Conservation and Enhancement of Cultural Heritage (ICVBC), the Institute for Archaeological and Monumental Heritage (IBAM), the Institute for Ancient Mediterranean Studies (ISMA). ISPC is the new institute born as a reference point for the National, European and International scientific community, to face the challenges posed today by Heritage Science.
ISPC Open Portal:
- gathers its contents from the CNR Information System (namely, from the People archive);
- enriches and interlinks the gathered material with additional information and contents by relying on scholarly communication services and resources (e.g. the OpenAIRE Research Graph, ScholeXplorer, Altmetric);
- presents the ISPC scientific production to facilitate search, browsing and access.
The Open Portal is the result of close cooperation between the ISTI Working group on Open Access, which designed and implemented the ISTI Open Portal, and the ISPC Working Group on Open Data, Open Knowledge, Open Science.
Referents for ISPC Open Portal:
- Costanza Miliani (ISPC Director)
- ISPC Working Group on Open Data, Open Knowledge, Open Science
- Nicolò Paraciani (Technical referent)
- Sara Di Marcello (Referent for archiving in People and contact person)
- Irene Rossi (Referent for research infrastructures)